Started to remove the ivy from a tree and the fence at the end of the garden from which it sprang. Soon discovered that the ivy was supporting the fence.
After some thought, and a big intake of metaphorical breath, ordered the concrete blocks to finish the never completed wall, and necessary sand and cement, as well as the timber for the new fence. Had it all delivered to the front.
After carrying all 500kg of it through the house, up stairs and up the garden (No – I didn’t weigh it, the delivery note comes with Health and Safety info, including an estimate of the weight of each element of the order) I built the new bit of blockwork wall and was then able to put up the new fence.
The leftover bits of timber provided enough stuff to make a new compost bin lid.