A couple of posts ago I put up a picture of the hole in our upstairs toilet floor. Eventually fixed it by cutting a sheet of plywood to fit the whole room, reinforcing the side where there is no joist handy by screwing a 2″ by 2″ timber to the plywood on the underside of the remaining chipboard flooring.
Still not looking great, I hear you think. Have patience. At this stage I got Kevin back to install a new loo. Two days ago I was up at 6am to see Jackie off on a trip to Cambridge. Decided to finish the loo. First had to stain-block some rusty patches on the back wall, then paint it nicely. Then staple down underlay. Must thank Marian for that and the carpet off-cuts from her new carpeting job.
Note the little step to protect the new carpet edge in the doorway. Then the tricky part. Three hours to carpet a small loo – no threat to professionals. But pleasing to me. By 1pm the task was completed. Be careful how you pee!